The internet has spawned new careers, and one of the best new careers is search engine optimization (SEO). Search Engine Academy was started because we recognized the need to train SEOers in white hat practices that comply with Google’s recommended webmaster guidelines.
Here in the Washington DC metropolitan area, there is more SEO work that needs to be done than there are qualified, competent professionals to do the work.
I’ve been doing search engine optimization for ten years now, and I’ve observed what skill sets are necessary to be a successful SEOer. Believe it or not, the top skill is NOT knowing how to do SEO. If you have most or all of the skills listed below, come to a Search Engine Academy course to get the SEO knowledge!
- Top-notch written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, or lead a team
- Program and project management skills
- Possess motivation and initiative to work independently with little or no supervision
- Consistently meet deadlines for deliverables and project/program milestones
- Exercise discretionary judgment in determining priorities, unless otherwise noted
- Demonstrate flexibility in changing tasks and priorities with little notice to meet changing requirements
- Possess knowledge and experience in using spreadsheet and word processing programs
- Ability to analyze research results for content keywords and web performance data
- Ability to track time and record hours in time tracking software and applications
- Ability to learn search engine optimization (SEO) software and analysis tools to complete SEO tasks
Each year, I have to turn away work. It’s really challenging to find SEO consultants and professionals who really know what they are doing. Sad to say, I’ve interviewed several, and I’ve come to find out they don’t keep up with Google search formula changes, and they haven’t invested the money to use enterprise-level SEO tools to troubleshoot ranking, crawling and indexing problems for sites, let alone decent link analysis tools to get to the bottom of inbound backlink issues that could trigger Google Penguin penalties.
So anyways…if you, or someone you know, is interested in doing SEO as a new career, come to one of our courses and get the most up to date information in one place, at one sitting, then start your new career!
Oh, by the way…on day five of the SEO master course, we tell you exactly how to start your search engine optimization career!
Until we meet again, stay safely between the ditches!
All the best,