Infographics have now been around for a while, yet using them to communicate is still surprisingly effective. If you are new to infographics, let’s start be giving you a definition.
Definition: An infographic is basically a graphic that combines easy-to-understand bits of information with visual elements to help you get a message across in a visually appealing manner.
Creating ideal infographics starts with useful subject matter gives readers something visually engaging that they can grasp and absorb at a glance.
In a nutshell, here are 6 ways that Infographics are ideal to include on your Web site or use with your social media strategies:
- For topics like SEO that tend to be loaded with highly detailed parameters and factors – an infographic can make your content quite enjoyable and easy to absorb.
- Infographics represent a way to keep your text-related content to a minimum and make information easy to absorb for the huge mobile audience online today.
- Infographics that are useful and engaging to readers will naturally attract others to link to your content. This kind of natural linking is great to help support your SEO efforts.
- A solidly developed infographic can effectively make your point or support your message in a way that leaves a persuasive impact in the mind of your readers.
- Do you have information that is difficult to understand? An infographic that, for example, uses some eye-opening statistic in a simple pie chart will surely help a higher percentage of your readers to grasp your point in a visual way that makes sense.
- Effective infographics can possibly result in huge additional traffic spikes from a viral effect.
Now let’s give you some free infographic creation tools that you can use to get started creating your very own new creations. Here are 3 popular free tools that you can try:
- Google Developers Chart allows you to choose from a variety of charts and is simple to use as a free infographic generator for your website.
- Piktochart is an infographic and presentation creator which enables you to turn average data into engaging infographics. There’s a free version which offers 3 basic themes or the pro version is available for $29/month.
- Easel.ly is a free infographic creator offers you 12 free templates to start you off and includes a whole range of things like arrows, shapes and you can create your text with range of fonts, colours, text styles and sizes.
[Editor’s update March 21, 2017: We’ve recently come across Canva as a great tool for a number of different graphic design needs, including infographics. The Canva interface is intuitive and creates very nice designs. Check out their infographic templates.]
Remember the key to success is to always try and produce a thoroughly researched content from authoritative and reliable sources. If you can try using some eye-opening visual elements for impact and making your point. eventually more traffic towards your website. There you go, so by all means, be creative, create something useful and have fun!