+01 970.205.9015 info@searchengineacademy.com

Let’s face it – creating a successful blog today is no easy task. This is especially true when you have literally a thousand other copycats who are trying to provide the exact same content!

Now, what do you do? A quick google search will churn out the following results:

Advertisements. Viral Ads. Facebook Ads. Guest Blogging. Article Syndication. Podcasting. Kindle Publishing. Copywriting. YouTube Promotion.

The number of options are mind boggling and it can be really hard to figure out what exactly works and what doesn’t.

This simple guide that you are about to read is carefully designed to distill all that noise into 5 simple, but powerful actionable processes you can apply to your blog today to turn it into the rockstar blog it deserves to be.

Sounds good? Here they are:

1) 80/20 Rule

If you plan to make a full time income through a blog, you need to provide quality content and value. The 80/20 rule (if you don’t already know) means 80% of your results come from 20% of your efforts. There is no point in writing worthless, plagiarized content using 20% of your effort and spending the other 80% on marketing. The real value comes through quality, unique content. Spending the energy on crafting such articles will pay dividends in the long run.

2) Be An Authority

I’ve seen too many bloggers trying to blog about literally everything under the sun – Hot Travel Destinations, Best Ways to Make Money Online, How to Fly to the Moon… Expanding breadth wise is not going to help your cause because it’s hard to build a following. Know what your readers want to read and build a solid reputation on one niche. If you are the Food Guy, blog about food; if you are the Money Guy, blog about finance. Wearing too many hats is counterproductive.

3) Smart Guest Posting

Writing an article for someone else’s blog is a great way to build and expand your audience. You get to build relationships, boost your search engine visibility through back linking and most importantly, get introduced to hundreds and thousands of potential new readers who might just be interested in your content.

4) Great Design Matters

Remember that place called “Geocities”? Yea, that site, which hosts uuuuugly pages. It used to be popular until it shut down completely quite some years back. The truth is – people judge books by their cover, and a good design that complements the content of your blog goes a long way in retaining readership of your articles.

5) Staying Consistent

This is probably one of the hardest to achieve.

You see, if you are after immediate monetary profits from the Internet, blogging is a terrible way to do it. It doesn’t monetize well, and it takes a long time to pick up steam. Many bloggers gave up halfway. The real key to success is staying consistent, and keep churning out the goods. Stay with your blog through the lean times, and you will see the results trickling in.

There you go! 5 simple, and powerful ways to propel your blog forward. Regardless if you are a new or seasoned writer, these tips will serve you well in to the future.

5 Steps to Create a Superstar Blog was last modified: May 13th, 2015 by Sue Cooper